A "barber school" or "school of barbering" means an operation, place or establishment of whatsoever kind or form, in or through which persons are trained or taught the practice of barbering.
A student shall receive at least 1,500 hours in practice work and lectures based on the following courses of study:
- Instruments- 30 hours
- Shaving instructions- 100 hours
- Haircutting for men, women and children- 935 hours
- Shampooing- 40 hours
- Permanent waving- 40 hours
- Hair coloring- 40 hours
- Hair straightening and relaxing- 40 hours
- Massaging- 35 hours
- Scalp and skin diseases- 20 hours
- Physiology and anatomy of the head, face and neck- 100 hours
- Sterilization and sanitation- 40 hours
- Hygiene- 10 hours
- Bacteriology-20 hours
- Electricity- 10 hours
- Pharmacology- 20 hours
- Psychology- 10 hours
- History, Professional ethics and other information- 10 hours
Each one of these sections is broken down further. Click the link below to see the complete break down.
201 KAR 14:090 School curriculum
Yearly Examination Results
The following spreadsheet contains the results for the Apprentice Examinations.
2018 Recap.pdf 2019 Recap.pdf 2020 Recap.pdf2021 Recap.pdf 2022 Recap.pdf