The Board shall issue a license to act as a Probationary Barber to any person who:
- is at least seventeen and one-half (17-1/2) years of age
- is of good moral character and temperate habit
- has graduated from high school or earned a G.E.D.
- has completed 1500 hours of school
- has graduated from an accredited or licensed school of barbering
- has satisfactorily passed the examination prescribed by the barber board.
Once Probationary Barber License is Obtained
Once you have successfully passed your Probationary Barber exam, have a shop to work in and purchased your Probationary Barber license you will begin a 6 month probationary period. During the probationary period you are required to work 6 continuous months with no break in service. Towards the end of your 6 month probationary period the Board office will send you a letter and a barber exam application. On the back of the application there is a section that you will need to fill out verifying you have completed the 6 month probationary period. Be sure that you fill this section out completely. You must put a complete date, month, day and year in both the From and the To blanks. Be sure that you DO NOT write to "present". The Board office checks to see that you have worked the entire 6 month probationary period prior to being scheduled for the barber exam.